image © Christopher Payne Photography
Time to get serious and get your portfolio site planned, designed, produced and online ;)
- your design portfolio has 10 mistakes
- Hiring a designer: how to review portfolios
- 6 Steps To Creating A Knockout Online Portfolio
- Design Students: Build Your Confidence Before Your Portfolio
- Tips on how to create a successful online portfolio
- Creating a Professional Online Photo Portfolio: Goals, Tips, Best Designs
portfolios: graphic designers
- Mike Kus ~ The things we make
- Simon C Page ~ excites
- Jennifer Farley ~ Laughing Lion Design
- Tom Breadshaw ~ Tom Breadshaw Design
- John Lee ~ keebs
portfolios: 3D designers
- Luke Skirenko, 3D artist/illustrator/animator
- Andrei Szasz, character artist
- Chris Gallop, 3D artist
- Teodoru Badiu, creative designer
- factory fifteen, film and animation studio
While your next & final project will be the production of your own website from scratch - you might want to check out the following options, for use either as final site in the future or as addition to your handmade portfolio.
If you know of any other good options - please do share your findings in the comments below, thanks.
- carbonmade [free]
- crevado [free]
- behance [free + premium option]
- my folio [free]
- deviantART [free + premium option]
- squarespace [paid]
- paspartout [paid]
- viewbook [paid]
✔ weekly task
Next week is our last session before the 3 week break - so let's make sure to get a lot done :) Make notes of any topics or techniques you'd like to discuss or revisit, bring your portfolio plans if you would like input, feedback and help.
Bear in mind that I will only be able to give you hand if you are clear about your design ideas! If you come unprepared - you're on your own until our final session (24/4/2012).
It will be important to finalise your portfolio design - so prepare your ideas and concepts as drawings or digital mockups and bring those in for discussions in class. I will help you plan for the coding and final production and give you feedback on your planned setup.