THE STORY OF A LIFETIME
It may have been Descartes who first asked how we can trust that the world actually exists and that we’re not just being deceived by some evil genius. But it was writer Andrew Niccol who answered that question, in 1998’s The Truman Show: We don’t. And worse yet, that evil genius could work in television.
This intricate fable, brought to life by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Peter Weir, centers on Truman—an upbeat man, played by Jim Carrey, who gradually realizes that his entire life is an elaborately constructed ruse. His friends and family members are actually actors; his every move is captured by 5,000 hidden cameras and broadcast to the world. Even his actions are manipulated by a power-crazed director named Christof.
Truman Show will have screenings on every cinema across Europe, America and Middle East. For the special screening with the IMAX and Dolby Atmos Audio, The Truman Show will be aired on BFI London.
- December 17 2021 - January 21 2022
- 00:30 - 10:00 - 14:00 - 18:00 - 22:00
Truman Show production features producers with many awards and accomplishments under many movies in the industry. Here are the people who helped make this film what it is.
- Scott Rudin
- No Country For Old Men, Lady Bird, Fences, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network, School of Rock, Zoolander
- Andrew Niccol
- Gattaca, Simone, The Termina, Lord of War, In Time, The Host, Good Kill
- Edward S. Feldman
- 101 Dalmatians, My Father the Hero, The Jungle Book, The Doctor, Green Card
- Adam Schroeder
- Hysteria, Chronicle, Sleepy Hollow, South Park: Bigger, Longer Uncut, Wonder Boys, Zoolander, The First Wives Club