bitmap images – core skills
Looking forward to hearing all about your current working techniques and discuss good working practices for visual element creation with you ;)
This presentation is intended to summarise various aspects of a typical workflow, covering a lot of details. It is intended as reference for you – whether you are entirely new to design and Photoshop, or whether you are already happily working in Photoshop. We’re using Photoshop as example of a common bitmap editor only, this is by no means a recommendation.
Let’s take a closer look at image cut outs, one of the most common tasks when working with visual design elements.
Use selections and layermasks to to isolate the phone, to be saved with transparent background.
↓ download image (.jpg / 19kb)
- Photoshop Etiquette (v2011)
- 10 Steps to Improving Your Photoshop Skills
- 28 Technically Advanced Photoshop Tutorials – For the Graphic Designer Guru
- 35 Tutorials for Creating Website Layouts in Photoshops
online profile services:
- Jason Santa Maria: profile
- Veerle Pieters: profile on personal blog
- Trent Walton: profile on personal site
profile page design
mini project – part #1
The aim of this project is to create a professional profile page for yourself, a single page design. Selecting any information you find suitable, create a design which will present your chosen information in a clear and meaningful manner.
This project will span over 4 weeks, allowing you time for each step, from designing the mockup to saving the visual elements for the web, ready for coding. Our sessions will go hand in hand with each step ~ hopefully helping you along nicely :)
✔ to do list
- select your information and plan a suitable structure
- sketch out your ideas in your sketchbook
- produce a digital mockup of your design
Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions :)
Comments are closed.