as we’re not going to be able to get together for this crit this year, we’ll have to do things differently ~ via Jitsi again, which you can also use to record your presentations :)
Recording your presentation
In case you cannot be online for our crit session this afternoon, record your presentation and share it with us for feedback. A quick flyby demo on how to do this with Jitsi to help you along.
PLEASE NOTE: this is one of my flyby videos – super-quick demos (without audio) – intended to be paused as needed (hit SPACE bar or use controls).
The fairly quick speed combined with a lack of audio, replaced by text only, is done intentionally for the sake of accessiblity and file load. To view, you are meant to pause the playback to take a closer look at screens or to read text.
Tips for live online presentations
- share your screen + enable camera so we can see your face
- add any relevant links into the text chat for easy access for all
(before/during/after talk, if at all)
- talk to your audience as best as you can by looking at the camera
- upon start of presentation, switch off your mic temporarily,
this is to avoid background sounds coming through and distracting the speaker
- enable your video camera so the speaker can see your face
- to comment/ask questions after the presentation, speak up (remember to enable your mic again), or use the ‘raised hand’ button (bottom left of screen) to indicate you want to talk
Comments are closed.