In preparation for our support session on assessment on friday – please do have a look through the slides and make note of your questions beforehand. Feel free to use the comments below to ask more :)
deliverables in summary
- to create a site which aims to help
- to produce and edit appropriate content for online consumption
- to deliver a website designed for a select target group
- to ensure that the site performs well
[accessibility / loading speed / responsive design]
- to submit a project document, including site plan and rationale
- evident site purpose for common good
- well structured content, easy to accesss
- all text is well written and free of errors
- content designed for target audience, phrasing reflects suitable tone
- media content is accessible (e.g. alternative text for images)
- any quoted/sourced content is clearly referenced/linked
- pages load fast and with full content
- layout, including all media, adapts to different viewport widths
In case you’re worried about the word count, and what document you are to write – please double-check the deliverables and read the session notes.
In short, the 2,500 word are the content of your website, i.e. the text you write and publish on your website. In addition to this text, you should write a 500 word report on your project, the project documentation which discusses your rationale.
You will submit your work as any other project via Turnitin. Your submission will be the 500-word project document which has to include the following:
- URL/link to your website
- site plan to show final content structure
- project documentation, outlining your focus on the brief, your approach to content and your choice/setup of theme
Optional but recommended addition:
screenshots of your website’s pages (core pages if not all).